Thursday, November 11, 2010

being faithful

Tonight was very meaningful to me...yesterday we came home early from a senior missionary couples activity in Montego Bay - so I could teach Seminary to the teenagers at 6:00pm...NO ONE CAME - it was pretty discouraging and I thought maybe we should go to the Home Study Course where the students do the work at home and we meet once a week so they can give it to me. Then I thought, at least I can be faithful and show up prepared until we change. The good thing about no one coming last night is that I had the lesson prepared for tonight! We got to the church early and had been there for about 20 minutes when two young boys walked in - about middle school aged. They started asking questions about the church!! They wanted to know where we came from and why we are here on earth and where we go after death - - we have the answers! It was so delightful to talk to them - they were sincere in their wanting to know. I told them about the prophet Joseph Smith and asked them how old they were - - they were both 14 years old. We had the greatest conversation until they had to leave and get a ride to their homes. They had ridden a bus from school and we gave them both a Book of Mormon and they said they would come back to the church from their school bus. So I was humbled and realized that being faithful to this work is the best thing I can do.

4 comments:

  1. Mom - there are so many disappointments as a missionary and it can get so frustrating, but then there are so many successes and joys that in the end the disappointments were all worth it. You are exactly right, as long as you are being obedient and doing your part Heavenly Father will bless you, help you with the work and put people in your path. Keep working hard! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that was Lindsey on Dan's account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying for the members of your ward. I have been praying for you and Dad or course too! Each and every drop of goodness, kindness and light that you give and add to our world makes a difference. I am glad you met some great young men. Hopefully they will read the Book of Mormon and meet with you again. What a blessing to be rewarded so quickly for exercising faith, even if the blessing wasn't what was expected. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to teach those sweet boys. It is amazing to see how the Lord prepares us for the things He needs us to do. I hope someday I will learn to trust Him and not get discouraged when things don't go the way I think they should. We are praying for you and work in Ocho Rios. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete