Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Counselor in the Branch Presidency


This is a picture of Brother Paul Lester and I. Paul was sustained as the new Counselor in the Branch Presidency on Sunday, July 10, 2011. He replaced Bro. Grant who moved to Highgate to live with his new wife and family. Paul was baptised on October 17, 2010 just 8 days after we arrived in Jamaica. Because of the situation, I was asked by the Mission President to interview him for baptism. He then asked me to baptise him, which I did. He was confirmed by Elder Tracy one of the young Elders. I also conferred him to the Aaronic Priesthood and ordained him to the office of Priest. About six weeks ago, I recommended that he receive the Melchizedek Priesthood which was approved. He then asked me to confer the Melchizedek Priesthood and ordain him an Elder therein, which I did. I then recommended that he be the new counselor in the Presidency which was approved by the Mission Presidency and because President Hendricks was unable to personally extent the call to him, I was asked to do so. I also was asked to sustain him in Sacrament meeting, which again I did. The following Wednesday was Zone Conference here in Ocho Rios and President Hendricks was able to set him apart in his new calling, I was asked to assist. So, it has been my pleasure to help him in his Church and Priesthood development. He has been and continues to be a real blessing to the Branch. He is a very atypical Jamaican man who has fully embraced the Gospel in his life.

1 comment:

  1. He seems so awesome and such a great asset to the branch and to you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete