Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

I love General Conference weekend - I enjoy hearing the directions and guidance that our Prophet and Apostles and others give us. It always makes me want to do better and I actually make a list of the things I need to work on! Some of my favorite quotes from Saturdays sessions: Elder Perry: "Partaking of the Sacrament is the center of our Sabbath Day observance" and "Greatest joy in life is following the Savior..."
Sister Jean Stevens: "Children have believing hearts - they are the first to forgive and love." Walter Gonzalez: We should be 1. a loving people, 2. keep convenants."
Lovest Thou Me? Partake of the Sacrament and follow Christ.
Pres. Eyring - sweet is the WORK - Pres. Benson: I love the work, and it is work!"
Pres. Packer: "Do a lot of forgiving and a little of repenting." Elder Nelson: "Priesthood holds the keys to all spiritual blessings in the church." Elder Oaks: "desires dictate actions." Elder Ballard, tiny flakes of gold "Kindness is the essence of greatness" - Joseph Wirthlin.
I'm so ready to listen to Sunday's sermons and gain from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment